Dealing with hair loss can be extremely stressful. Most people try to look for the best and the fastest ways to recover from hair loss. Here are a few recipes that you can try at home that might give you that natural shine that you want, without the fear of seeing a doctor for your issue.
Natural Vitamin E Hair Mask
As you must know, vitamin E is vital for our overall health, why not our hair as well? Try this recipe tonight and let us know what you think in the comments below!
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 egg yolk
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until they are very smooth
- Thoroughly wet your hair
- Evenly apply the mixture throughout your hair (focus on the roots)
- Use a shower cap or wrap a towel around your hair to lock in the moisture
- Allow 30 minutes for best results – time to relax and unwind
- Wash it out and let it air dry
- Voila! Shiny and soft hair for the day!
Natural Henna Hair Mask
This henna hair mask recipe will give your locks that gorgeous natural red-brown color, with far fewer chemicals. This remedy works best with oily hair, as it contains oil-absorbents. Let us know what you think of the recipe in the comments.
- 2 cups henna
- 2 cups freshly brewed green tea
- 2 tbsp. lemonjuice
- 2 tbsp.yogurt
- Soak the henna powder in the brewed tea overnight in an iron bowl.
- The next morning, add the lemon juice and yogurt, mix well and apply the pack thoroughly on hair.
- Leave it on for 3 hours.
- Rinse with water and wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Green tea has many known health benefits. It prevents the growth of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a hormone believed to be the main cause of hair loss. It softens hair strands and enhances elasticity, thus preventing breakage.
Natural Aloe Vera Hair Treatment
Most likely you would find this available in various hair salons. Fresh aloe vera contains many nutritional ingredients that serve as applicable supplements to your skin. It has vitamins, minerals, amino acids, sugars, plant sterols, and beneficial enzymes. How was this recipe? let us know below!
- 3 fresh aloe vera leaves
- Aloe vera gel
- Wash your hair before you start with your favourite shampoo
- Slightly let your hair air dry for about 5 minutes
- Ask a friend or a family member to help you
- Open up the fresh aloe vera in little bits and rub the gel on to your scalp
- Focus on the back and bottom of your scalp (this is where your helper comes in handy)
- Add the aloe vera gel to your hair completely once you’re done (like a conditioner)
- Put your head under a steamer for 20 minutes
- Wash your hair with the same shampoo – do not condition
- Let your hair air dry completely
- Viola! Shiny, great smelling, moisturized hair!
Glowing Hair with Natural Baking Soda
Baking soda is undoubtedly one of the most versatile ingredients you can use, as it can provide amazing effects when used. Baking soda can be used instead of your regular shampoo, and it will improve the quality of your hair. Moreover, it can be used to thoroughly clean the remains of the shampoos and conditioners you commonly use and restore the natural shine and vitality of your hair. Let us know your thoughts of this recipe in the comments!
- Baking soda
- Apple cider vinegar
- Essential oil (if you prefer)
- Bottle (squeeze bottle would work better)
- In a small squeeze bottle, mix baking soda and water in a 1:3 ratio. Adjust the dosing according to the length of the hair. For instance, in the case of shoulder- length hair, you should use 1 tablespoons of baking soda, and 6 tablespoons of water.
- You can apply this mixture to dry or wet hair, from the roots to the ends of the hair.
- Leave it to act for a couple of minutes, and then wash it off with warm water. It will not foam so be you have to feel your way through it.
- Rinse the hair with a solution of apple cider vinegar and water, in a 1:4 ratio.
- You can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. (optional)
- Make sure you apply it properly, tilt the head backward, in order to avoid any contact of vinegar with your eyes.
- You can prepare this rinse beforehand, and store it in a small squeeze bottle in the bathroom, and use it whenever needed.
- There you go! Chemical free hair treatment for shiny hair!
If you’re not sure about these all-natural recipes, ask a dermatologist or a hair specialist about your hair today!
Check out tomorrow’s article about surgical hair loss treatments and the best treatment for you!
If you like this post, you may also like the rest of the series:
- Causes of hair loss
- When do we have hair loss
- Hair growth cycle
- Non-invasive/ easy hair treatments
- Surgical Treatments
- The best doctors to treat hair loss
- Questions to ask your doctor about hair loss